You will need:
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp ground chia seeds + 3 tbsp warm water)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup plant milk (I used cashew milk.)
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 4 x 3 muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, cream together coconut oil and sugar.
- Add the mashed bananas and chia egg. Whisk to incorporate
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Gradually add plant milk to the mixture to soften it up. Stir until a thick, even batter has formed.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin liner about 3/4 full with batter. You should have enough for 12.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 16-18 minutes or until puffy and golden brown around edges.