This recipe is inspired by a childhood favorite of mine - SpaghettiOs! I decided to spice it up with bits of smoky tempeh "sausage" for added protein and texture. A simple and delicious trip down memory lane!
You will need:
- 16 oz macaroni, cooked
- 1 24 oz jar of marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups soy sour cream
- 4 oz tempeh, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- pepper, to taste
- Prepare the tempeh marinade by combining soy sauce, maple syrup, lemon juice, mustard, nutritional yeast and paprika. Place in a ziploc bag with the cut tempeh and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pasta base by bringing marinara sauce to a low simmer. Add the soy sour cream and stir to combine.
- Turn off heat and add cooked macaroni to pasta sauce.
- Once the tempeh has marinated, add a couple teaspoons of oil or water to a frying pan. Cook the tempeh for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Add tempeh "sausage" to pasta and serve warm.