You will need:
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick (or other vegan baking mix)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Optional ingredients: 1/4 cup vegan butter, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Bisquick, nutritional yeast and parsley.
- Add apple cider vinegar to plant milk and set aside for 5 minutes to curdle. This is your vegan buttermilk.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredient mixture. Pour vegan buttermilk into well and quickly stir to create the biscuit dough.
- Add some flour to a clean surface such as a countertop or cutting board. Set biscuit dough on top and use your hands to form approximately 1-inch thick biscuits. This recipe makes about 10 biscuits.
- Place biscuits two inches apart on baking tray. Bake at 450 degrees for about 12 minutes.
- I served mine with herbed garlic butter made by combining room temperature vegan butter with garlic powder and parsley.