You will need:
- 8 oz pasta, cooked (I find that spiral-shaped pasta like Fusilli or Rotini works best with this recipe.)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- Add all pesto ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Pulse on a high setting, scraping the sides of the blender every so often to ensure even combination.
- Toss pasta in pesto. Serve warm with sliced cherry tomatoes, if desired.