You will need:
- 16 oz pasta of choice, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 15 oz can white beans, drained (Sub for garbanzo beans if you'd like)
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp turmeric or mustard powder
- salt, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the zucchini, carrots and cashews and boil for about 10 minutes, or until fork tender.
- To a high-speed blender or food processor, add the beans, veggies, cashews, tahini, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and spices. Also add about 2 cups of reserved water from boiling veggies.
- Blend on high, adding more water as needed to achieve desired consistency. I ended up using about 3 cups.
- Pour cheese sauce over cooked pasta. Serve warm.