These colorful tacos are packed with plant-based protein and nutritious veggies! I love these because they are so simple to make and keep me full until my next meal. Note: I used veggies I had on hand to prepare the black bean pico de gallo, but feel free to make a more "authentic" version using corn and diced tomatoes.
You will need:
- 2-3 flour tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 white onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp tabasco sauce
- Heat each tortilla for about 30 seconds on each side.
- Prepare the avocado mash by combining a whole avocado with lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper. Spread a generous portion of avocado mash on one side of each tortilla.
- Prepare black bean pico de gallo by combining rinsed black beans, onion and red bell pepper with tabasco sauce. Mix well with spoon until everything is coated in the sauce.
- Add some black bean pico to each tortilla. Serve immediately or wrap in aluminum foil to store for up to 2 days.