This cozy bowl combines creamy, white cheddar mac 'n cheez with delicious roasted sweet potato and Brussels sprouts. It's the ultimate comfort food for those lazy days in!
You will need:
- 16 oz macaroni noodles, cooked
- 1.5 cup raw cashews
- 1.5 cup boiling water
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 8 oz Brussels sprouts
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To a high speed blender, add cashews, boiling water, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and salt to taste. Puree on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour cheez sauce over cooked macaroni and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, add Brussels sprouts and cubed sweet potato. Pour olive oil, spices, salt and pepper over the roasted vegetables and toss to coat.
- Place the Brussels sprouts and sweet potato on the baking tray and bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, flipping about halfway through.
- Serve roasted veggies warm, over the noodles.