You will need:
- 14 oz pasta of choice, cooked according to package instructions
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary + more for garnish
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the sweet potato, reduce heat to medium low and cook covered for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- In a medium frying pan, add a teaspoon of oil or water and bring to medium heat. Add diced onion and sauté for about 3-5 minutes, until translucent.
- To a high speed blender, add sweet potato, onion, minced garlic, nutritional yeast, spices, salt, pepper and plant milk. Puree on a high setting until thick and creamy.
- Pour sauce over cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Garnish with more rosemary and ground black pepper before serving.