You will need:
- 16 oz pasta of choice, cooked and drained
- 2 large beets, peeled and roasted for about 1 hour
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour
- 1/2 to 1 cup plant milk
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Add a bit of olive oil to a skillet and bring to medium heat. Sauté onions for about 3 minutes, or until translucent.
- Lower heat to medium low and add minced garlic to skillet. Sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Roughly chop the roasted beets and add to a blender along with onion, garlic, cashews, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup plant milk. Blend on a high setting, adding more plant milk 1 tbsp at a time to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve warm over pasta. Garnish with vegan parmesan for a more authentic look.