You will need:
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained, quartered and patted dry with a towel
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup plant milk, unsweetened
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp cayenne, divided
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, divided,
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup gluten-free Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease or line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare wet mix by whisking together the flour, plant milk, garlic powder and half of the salt, cayenne and smoked paprika.
- Prepare dry mix by mixing together breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast and remaining salt, cayenne and paprika.
- Coat each artichoke quarter in the wet mix first, followed by the dry mix. Place on baking tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes, flipping about halfway through.
- Serve warm with dip of choice. I like to make a maple mustard sauce: equal parts maple syrup and yellow mustard, thinned down with a little bit of water to achieve desired consistency.