You will need...
For the crispy baked tofu:
- 8 oz extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and cut into thin slices
- 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
For the spicy soy mushrooms:
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp white sesame seeds
For the noodles and broth:
- 8 oz Sun Chlorella Udon Noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- laced the sliced tofu in a bowl or sealable container. Add soy sauce, lemon juice and crushed red pepper and toss to coat. Cover and allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare mushrooms by adding a tbsp of oil or vegetable broth to a skillet on medium heat. Add the mushrooms and allow to cook down for about 1 minute. Add soy sauce and sriracha and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- To make the tofu, place the marinated slices on a lightly greased or lined baking tray. Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Prepare the ramen broth. To a large pot on medium heat, add a teaspoon of oil or vegetable broth and the minced garlic. Reduce heat to medium low and sauté for about minute. Add soy sauce, chili powder and 4 cups of vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and allow the mixture to simmer covered for about 10 minutes to soak up flavor.
- Assemble ramen bowl by adding cooked noodles, tofu, mushrooms and your choice of greens/steamed veggies to a bowl. Ladle some broth into the bowl and serve warm.