You will need:
- 4 plums or pluots, thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup room temperature vegan butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp warm water, set aside for 15 minutes to thicken)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup plant milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat the inside of a 9-inch springform pan with vegan butter and a sprinkle of sugar.
- Prepare dry mixture by combining flour, baking powder, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the vegan butter, sugar and vanilla extract using an electric mixer. Add the chia egg and continue to beat.
- Gradually add the dry mixture and plant milk until a thick, even batter has formed.
- Pour batter into greased springform pan. Arrange plum slices on top and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.