Celebrate autumn with a warm batch of apple spice muffins! The chewiness of the baked apple complements the spice to create a cozy treat that will warm your heart and satisfy your soul.
You will need:
- 2 cups apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 chia egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine chia egg, almond milk, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Pour chia egg mixture into dry ingredient mixture. Whisk together until batter has formed.
- Fold in apples and pecans.
- Lightly grease a 4 x 3 muffin tin with coconut oil and divide batter; each mold should be approximately 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and springy to touch.