Don't have time to make breakfast every morning? I've got you covered! Start your day off right with a berry delicious breakfast muffin!
You will need:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 flax egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, combine flax egg and coconut oil.
- Pour flax egg mixture into dry ingredient mixture. Whisk together until batter has formed.
- Fold in berries.
- Lightly grease a 4 x 3 muffin tin with coconut oil and divide batter; each mold should be approximately 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and springy to touch.
- (Optional) Top with a bit of smoothie and fresh berries before before serving.