This is my go-to cookie recipe. I posted one for chocolate chunk cookies a few months ago but this one is slightly different. I'm a huge fan of cake-like cookies so these ones are a bit less on the chewy side; however, if you like your cookies to be chewy and/or crispy, I recommend using 1/4 cup more fat (vegan butter or coconut oil) and/or less flour than my recipe calls for.
You will need:
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plant milk (I recommend soy milk, especially if you plan on freezing some dough for later)
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Gradually pour in plant milk and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- To a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add in the wet ingredient mixture while stirring. Combine until the dough has formed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out 1 tbsp balls of dough and spread evenly over sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Makes 24 cookies.