Did you know that most boxed pancake mixes (Bisquick, Aunt Jemima, etc.) are actually vegan?! You can make fluffy vegan pancakes by simply replacing the milk and eggs with vegan substitutes. Here is my foolproof hack/recipe for the best pancakes!
You will need:
- 1 1/4 cups pancake mix (check to make sure it is vegan!)
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
- toppings of your choice (I love using chocolate chips or berries!)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pancake mix, plant milk and apple cider vinegar. Whisk to form smooth batter (no clumps).
- Let the batter sit for about 2 minutes. The vinegar will make it puffy and you should be able to observe some air bubbles. At this point, add the vegetable oil.
- Bring a lightly greased skillet to about medium heat. Scoop about 1/2 cup of batter on to the skillet.
- Add toppings and allow pancake to cook for about 1 minute on each side.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and vegan butter.