This vegan "egg" sammie is packed with plant-based protein and smoky breakfast flavors to start your day off right! #breakfastgoals
You will need:
- 1 block (about 200g) tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 tsp paprika, divided
- 1/4 tsp turmeric, divided
- Bread of your choice (I used a pretzel bagel)
- Fix-ins of your choice (I used Trader Joe's vegan cream cheese and Goddess Dressing)
- Cut the block of tofu in half, and then into quarters to form 4 thin rectangles (about 1/4 inch thick). You should still have some tofu leftover - save this in your fridge or freezer to use for another recipe (like this amazing Sweet Chili Tofu ;)).
- Add about 1 tsp of oil to a large frying pan on medium heat. Make sure pan is evenly coated with oil before adding tofu rectangles.
- Place 4 tofu rectangles on pan. Add 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce, 1/4 tsp garlic powder and 1/8 tsp each of turmeric and paprika.
- After about 2 minutes, flip the rectangles over to the other side and repeat previous step with remaining half of seasonings. Tofu should be lightly browned and crispy on both sides.
- Serve warm with your favorite fix-ins and bread!