You will need...
For the tacos:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 1 cup vegan chorizo (I used the Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 tsp chili powder (or smoked paprika for a milder flavor)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 corn tortillas
For the crema:
- 1/2 cup hulled hempseeds
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1/3 cup water
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes and reduce to a low simmer. Cook covered for about 5 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Sauté onions at medium low heat for about 2 minutes, or until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add chorizo to the frying pan and cook for 3-5 minutes at medium heat.
- Add cooked potatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper to the pan and sauté everything for 1-2 minutes.
- In a separate pan, warm the corn tortillas for about a minute on each side.
- Prepare the crema by adding all ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend for 1 minute, or until creamy.
- Place a generous amount of the potato chorizo mixture on each tortilla. Drizzle with hempseed lime crema and serve warm.