You will need:
- 10 oz rice noodles, cooked
- 8 oz extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha, depending on preferred spice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- crushed peanuts (or walnuts) to serve
- Add a teaspoon of oil or water to a frying pan on medium low heat.
- Sauté diced onion for 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Roughly break up tofu into 1-inch pieces and sauté in the same pan for about 3 minutes, or until crispy on both sides. You may need to add some more oil or water here so the tofu doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off heat and transfer the cooked noodles to the pan.
- Prepare the Pad Thai sauce by whisking together soy sauce, peanut butter, sriracha, lime juice and crushed red pepper.
- Pour sauce over noodles and mix to ensure everything is liberally coated.
- Serve warm with crushed peanuts (or your choice of crushed nut) on top!