You will need:
- 16 oz penne, cooked
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, tightly packed
- 4 fire roasted red peppers (I used this kind)
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 3 tablespoons cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add the vegan butter.
- Reduce heat to medium low and sauté the mushrooms for about 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add spinach. Toss with mushrooms until slightly wilted.
- Add remaining ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blend until pureed.
- Pour roasted red pepper sauce over pasta and toss to coat. Add mushrooms and spinach.
- Serve immediately.