You will need:
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 16 oz silken tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked in warm water for at least 2 hours
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Prepare the crust by pulsing pecans in a high speed blender or food processor until finely ground. Add soaked pitted dates and pulse until no large pieces remain. It may be helpful to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the blender/processor during this step.
- Pat the crust into a parchment lined or lightly greased freezer-safe pie dish.
- Prepare the filling by blending silken tofu, raw cashews and cocoa powder in a high speed blender until pureed.
- Pour the chocolate filling into the pie crust and stick in the freezer overnight.
- Take the pie out of the freezer at least 15 minutes prior to serving, more if you desire a pudding-like consistency for the filling.
- Optional: I served mine with a dollop of cashew cream (1/4 cup raw soaked cashews blended with 1-2 tbsp agave or maple syrup until pureed) and cherries.